Sunday, April 4, 2010

That Chicks the size of Moby Dick!

It's Easter and I am sitting here in Texas thinking about the Easter day I spent with my dear friends Karma and Fangirl in California.  It was the day after Denyse and Fran got married.  We drove up to Point Dume Beach in Malibu, which is famed for being the rock used in the end of Planet of the Apes.  While we didn't see a yelling Charleton Heston on the beach we did watch the dolphins jump and the whales too.  It was so beautiful that I often thought it was like going to church.  Great memories of some wonderful friends.

So on a day in which I'm thinking about past whale watching I come along an article confirming that the new KFC sandwich to be released is called "The Double Down."  It's a bacon and cheese sandwich with two pieces of fried chicken as the bun. Yeah you heard me, THE BUN IS MADE OF FRIED CHICKEN!  Remember when KFC came out with those bowls that were basically all the foods they make piled into one mashed potato based concoction?  It has occurred to me that whoever is in charge of new product development for KFC is actually a huge stoner.  All these new food ideas are precisely the same things that stoners decide would be good combinations when their wasted.  What is next for KFC?  I bet you anything it will be smashed Doritos and Cheetos with melted cheese on mashed potatoes with crumbled bacon in between two pieces of fried chicken. It's name?  The "DUUUUDE".  You laugh, but I give it a year before it's on the market.

And Ain't that America, for you and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment